RECIPE | Chocolate Shortbread Truffles
It's time to be a "truffle-maker" with our easy-to-make chocolate shortbread truffles recipe, using Walkers pure butter shortbread fingers.
- 5 oz. milk chocolate
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- 4 oz. cream cheese
- 1 x Walkers Shortbread fingers 150g [finely crushed]
- Chocolate sprinkles or cocoa powder [optional]
- Melt the chocolate and water in the microwave until softened. Mix until thoroughly blended. Stir in almond extract. Set aside.
- Finely crush the Walkers Shortbread fingers.
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese and shortbread crumbs.
- Mix well with your hands and form a ball before placing onto a baking tray.
- Chill in the fridge to firm up - for roughly 20 minutes.
- Roll each ball in melted chocolate and set on a baking sheet lined with wax or parchment paper.
- Refrigerate the truffles for at least 30 minutes, or keep in the fridge until ready to eat. Top with chocolate sprinkles or cocoa powder.
Recipe inspiration from The Comfort of Cooking.