RECIPE | Chocolate Brownies with Walkers Shortbread
But I bet you will love them even more when they are stuffed with our salted caramel and milk chocolate chunk shortbread!
This ultimate recipe is an indulgent twist on our shortbread and is inspired by foodie blogger FoodnessGracious.
- 105g flour
- 23g cocoa powder
- 169g sugar
- 43g brown sugar
- 110g butter
- 170g chocolate chips
- 3 eggs
- 10g vanilla extract
- 9 x salted caramel and milk chocolate chunk shortbread
- Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 20x20cm baking tray with parchment paper.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour and cocoa powder.
- In a large pan over a medium heat, melt the butter and add the chocolate chips.
- Turn the heat to low and stir to melt the chocolate chips with the butter.
- Once melted, add both sugars (white and brown) and whisk until the sugar has almost dissolved.
- Add the eggs one at a time whisking each one into the mix.
- Pour in the vanilla extract and mix.
- Pour half of the brownie batter into the prepared tray, and spread out evenly to the sides of the tray.
- Place the salted caramel and milk chocolate chunk shortbread in a 3x3 pattern.
- Pour the rest of the batter over the shortbread and carefully spread to the edges [licking the spoon as you go!].
- Bake in the oven for approximately 25 minutes then let them cool for at least 30 minutes before slicing into desired quantity.