RECIPE | Ice Cream Sandwiches
To celebrate National Ice Cream month we have decided to share our delicious ‘Ice Cream Sandwiches’ with you all! The perfect snack to keep the family cool this Summer.
- Walkers Shortbread, in any round shape, big or small.
- Ice cream
- Decorations - sprinkles, chopped nuts, dried berries, flaked chocolate, melted chocolate.
- Soften the ice cream slightly by taking it out of the fridge for 5 minutes before scooping.
- Pour the decorations of your choice into shallow bowls suitable for dipping and rolling your sandwich edges.
- With an ice-cream scoop, scoop out a ball of ice-cream and sandwich it between two shortbread rounds.
- Carefully squish the rounds together and smooth the ice-cream around the sides with a palette knife.
- Then roll the edges of the ice-cream sandwich in the decoration bowl of your choice.
- Melt chocolate and drizzle over your sandwiches or partially dunk them in chocolate, have some fun and get creative with your decorations!
- Serve immediately, or pop in the freezer to set further.