RECIPE | Walkers LOVE Pancake Day
Do we have a treat for you guys or what! We 'flipping' love pancake day at Walkers so we had to participate, but in our own way. We have prepared our own luxurious Scotch pancakes recipe with a banoffee topping and shortbread crumb to finish... YUM YUM YUM!
When picking a shortbread to crumb there was no hesitation, it had to be our crème de la crème product... Walkers Shortbread Fingers.
Give it a try for yourself, we have shared our recipe in full with you below.
The toffee sauce can be made in advance of Pancake Day.
- 300ml pot double cream
- 85g butter, diced
- 100g light muscovado sugar
- ½-1 tsp sea salt flakes
- Place the cream, butter and sugar in a saucepan.
- Melt together, then bubble, stirring, until toffee-coloured and saucy.
- Add salt to taste.
- 384g plain flour
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 67g sugar
- 375ml of whole milk
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- Sift together the flour and baking powder into a large bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs and sugar together until combined. Then whisk in the milk.
- Use a spoon to make an indent in the flour mixture, then pour in the wet ingredients while continuing to whisk.
- Pour in the melted butter and stir gently, until the butter is mixed in to the batter. The batter needs to be runny so add a touch more milk if not.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over a medium heat. Coat the surface with a little butter, then ladle a quarter cup of batter onto the heated surface. Let it cook until bubbles appear on the surface and the edges look golden brown in colour.
- Flip the pancake and let it cook for another minute until lightly browned. Keep warm in an oven set to 100 degrees.
TO ASSEMBLE THE PANCAKES
- The fresh batch of pancakes [warming in the oven]
- Toffee sauce
- 2-3 bananas
- 2 tbsp chocolate shards
- 150ml double cream
- 1 pack Walkers Shortbread Fingers
- Gently warm the toffee sauce.
- Whip the cream.
- Slice up the bananas.
- Crush the shortbread roughly with a rolling pin.
- Take the warm pancakes out of the oven and stack the serving size you desire on each plate.
- Add a spoon of whipped cream, a generous pour of toffee sauce and top with the chocolate shards and shortbread crumb.