RECIPE | Poached Pear Pavlova
An easy, crowd pleasing dessert with a bit of a twist! This recipe also includes our large Pavlova Base.
For poached pears:
- 6 small pears, pealed
- 700ml cranberry juice
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 pieces of orange peel
For the topping:
- 250g mascarpone
- 300ml double cream
- 5 tablespoons icing sugar, sifted
- 2 tablespoons clear honey
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 big handful toasted hazelnuts, crushed
- 1 bar dark chocolate, melted
For the poached pears:
- Add the cranberry juice, cinnamon and orange peel to a large saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Then reduce the heat and add the peeled pears to cook, turning occasionally, for 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and set aside to cool.
For the cream topping:
- Whisk the mascarpone cheese for a few minutes, scraping the edges of the bowl occasionally. Add the honey, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Beat well until the ingredients are well combined.
- Slowly add the double cream while beating at a medium speed. The mixture should form a liquid consistency.
- Continue adding the double cream until soft peaks form.
- Then add the icing sugar and continue whipping until stiff peaks form.
- Layer the cream mixture on top of the Pavlova base.
- Place the poached pears standing upright onto the Pavlova, sprinkle with the crushed hazelnuts and drizzle with dark chocolate.
- Serve and enjoy!
Time to shop...