RECIPE | Seared Salmon with Whisky Mayonnaise Oatcakes
This tasty recipe is sure to impress and includes the use of our Mini Oatcakes for simple and easy canapés. Makes 25 - 30.
- 1 x 150g pack Walkers Mini Oatcakes
- 2 large salmon steak
- 1 tsp cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp. oil
for the whisky mayonnaise:
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp. tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. whisky
- fresh dill leaves, to garnish
- Make the whisky mayonnaise by mixing all the ingredients, cover bowl with cling film and pop into the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Remove skin and bones from the salmon steak and cut into 2cm cubes.
- Mix pepper, ginger and salt together and sprinkle all over the salmon slices.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and sear the salmon on a high heat for about 2 minutes, turning the cubes carefully for even cooking.
- Remove from pan and place onto a plate lined with kitchen paper.
- When read to serve, spoon a little of the mayonnaise onto the oatcake and top with the salmon and dill leaves.