RECIPE | Stilton, Pear and Pecan Brittle Oatcakes
A delicious oatcake topping recipe. This recipe includes the use of our Three Seed Oatcakes. Makes 12.
- 12 Walkers Three Seed Oatcakes
- 100g caster sugar
- A pinch of smoked paprika
- 6–8 pecans finely chopped
- 100g Stilton crumbled
- 2 small pears
- lemon juice
- Place the sugar in a heavy-bottomed pan on a medium heat. Don’t stir as the sugar will crystallise, but rather swirling gently to move the molten sugar around the pan.
- As the sugar dissolves, place the chopped pecan on a sheet of greaseproof paper and sprinkle over the paprika. When the sugar is all liquid and has a dark gold colour pour over the pecans and allow to cool and harden. Then break into lots of irregular brittle shards.
- When ready to serve, core and slice the pear and toss in lemon juice. Pat dry with kitchen paper. Place a couple of slices of pear onto the oatcake.
- Crumble the Stilton and pile onto the pear.
- Top with pecan brittle to serve.