RECIPE | Rocky Road Easter Nests
As it's now the Easter weekend, we wanted to give you a simple and enjoyable recipe to keep you and the family entertained at home whilst staying safe.
Makes approximately 12 nests.
- 300g white chocolate
- 50g butter
- 3tbsp golden syrup
- 1tsp vanilla essence
- 200g shortbread [50g crumbed]
- 75g mini marshmallows
- 240g mini eggs [3 x small packs]
1. Layout 12 cupcake cases on a tray.
2. Place a bowl over a pan of simmering water. Melt together very gently the white chocolate, butter, golden syrup and vanilla essence. Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
3. Break the shortbread into small chunks by breaking and gently crushing with a rolling pin. Mix the shortbread chunks, mini marshmallows and 160g [2 packs] of mini eggs into the white chocolate mix.
4. Immediately spoon the mix into the cupcake cases equally. To create the Easter nests decoration use the 50g of shortbread crumb and extra mini eggs to create clusters of crumb and eggs on top of each cupcake case. Happy Easter!
Tip: If you heat the chocolate mix too much and it separates, add 1 tbsp of boiling hot water to the mix and whisk gently to bring together. Keep adding a tbsp of hot water until you get the desired texture.