Walkers Shortbread Limited ("Walkers Shortbread", "we" or "us") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is Walkers Shortbread Limited of Aberlour House, Aberlour, Banffshire, AB38 9LD.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
You do not have to give us any personal information to make use of most of Our Site. However, to do any of the following things, you will need to provide us with personal information:
- fill in registration forms to register for an account
- make use of Our Site and services, such as, searching for a product and placing an order
- sign up to receive emails and updates via post, for example, newsletters, and/or promotional information (for more information see 'Your Rights' below)
- participate in social media functions which may be available on Our Site
- participate in competitions, promotions or surveys
- contact or correspond with us by phone, email or otherwise.
When you use Our Site, we or our third-party providers may collect, process and store the following data about you:
- Information you give us. This is information about you that you give us. It includes the information that you give us to do the things noted above. It may include your name, street, city and country address, postcode, email address and telephone number and financial and credit card information.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to Our Site we will automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the display properties of your computer and the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from Our Site (including date and time), products you viewed and searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visit of certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs, methods used to browse away from the page, your account information, the content of any forms that you complete on our website and any phone number used to call our customer services number.
- Information we receive from other sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or any of the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected the data if we intend to share the data internally and combine it with data collected on this site. We will also have told you for what purpose we will share and combine your data. We are working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies). We will notify you when we receive information about you from them and the purposes for which we intend to use that information.
USE OF INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to process new and repeat orders;
- to verify your identity and details of your payment method or credit card account;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by email, by post or by telephone with information about goods or services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale to you. If you are a new customer or if you enter one of our competitions, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to a third parties for marketing purposes, please do not tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data on Our Site;
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to answer any questions you may raise or respond to any comments you may send us;
- to ensure that content from Our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
Information we collect about you.
- to administer Our Site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve Our Site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- as part of our efforts to keep Our Site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to ensure that you are complying with our terms and to comply with our statutory and regulatory requirements;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of Our Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources. We will combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We will use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
You agree that we have the right to share your personal information with:
- Any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you, including our payment processor and courier company, currently FedEx (Federal Express Corporation). As part of our arrangements with our courier company, we will disclose your name, street, city and country address, postcode, telephone number and any delivery notes that you have provided at the time of your order, to our courier company so that the courier company is able to provide the delivery service. In order to provide that delivery service, our courier company may share the data noted above with its group companies and other third parties, such as its third party service providers and customs authorities if required to clear any products for customs, only to the extent necessary for the performance of the service;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of Our Site.
We will disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we will disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If we or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and other agreements, or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Walkers Shortbread, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by not checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com. All email communications will also include information about how you can opt-out of, and unsubscribe from, receiving marketing communications.
You have the right to withdraw your consent for us to process your data at any time and to request a copy of your personal data, which has been processed by automated means, is transferred to another organisation. In addition, you also have the right to have your data rectified if you believe the data we hold about you is inaccurate or incomplete and right to request that we delete any data that we may hold about you where this data is no longer required by Walkers Shortbread. You may exercise these rights by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If, for any reason, you are concerned that personal information held by us is not correct, please visit Our Site and log in to amend your personal information. If you have not registered or if you prefer, you can ask us to correct or remove information that you think is inaccurate at any time by emailing us email@example.com.
FOR HOW LONG DO WE HOLD PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will not hold on to any personal information for any longer than is reasonably necessary for the purposes noted above. We will also retain your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
SECURITY AND STORING OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access certain parts of Our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to Our Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You have the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
You also have a right to address any complaints to the data protection regulator in the UK, the Information Commissioner's Office, the website for which is at https://ico.org.uk.
Effective Date: January 2017