Gluten Free Chocolate Meringue Pie
- 12 People
Who fancies making a delicious festive dessert this Christmas? @beckyexcell has well and truly delivered once again, this time with a festive gluten free Chocolate Meringue Pie!
It’s no-bake so there’s no need to turn the oven on – all you need is the below ingredients which include Walker’s gluten free chocolate chip shortbread.
- 350g Walker's Gluten Free Shortbread (roughly 3 packs) (for the base)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder (for the base)
- 100g butter, melted and cooled (for the base)
- 300ml double cream (for the filling)
- 300g chocolate (for the filling)
- 55g butter (for the filling)
- 100g egg whites (3–4 eggs) (for the meringue)
- 200g caster sugar (for the meringue)
- 45ml water (for the meringue)
- 1⁄4 tsp cream of tartar (for the meringue)
- Gold leaf, to finish